Posted: November 9, 2018 by Staff Writer
Here’s an overview of recent updates from our carrier partners. For details on any specific update, click on the related link.
- 2019 Updates: Aetna has announced a variety of changes for the new year. Contact your Word & Brown representative for details on any of the following:
-Provider network changes
Anthem Blue Cross
- Flat 7% Commission: Anthem is offering a flat 7% commission on the life of your new Small Group Medical cases with 10-100 eligible employees for a December 2018 effective date. Click here for complete details, including program limitations.
- Dental Bonus: A bonus of $8, $10, or $12 is available for each enrollee on new BEST Life Dental groups of 10 or more with an effective date through March 1, 2019. Ask your rep for details.
Blue Shield of California
- Underwriting Update: You can now write SIMNSA or MediExcel alongside Blue Shield and another carrier for your groups that need cross-border coverage.
- SEP Enrollments: BSC is accepting new Small Group applications for the annual Affordable Care Act (ACA) Special Open Enrollment Window (November 15-December 15 for coverage effective January 1). Groups are not subject to the usual BSC minimum participation and contribution requirements at their initial enrollment, but must meet other eligibility guidelines.
- 2019 Updates: BSC is making portfolio changes for 2019 – adding 12 new Vision plans with a $10 copayment and replacing “Enhanced” $15 copayment Vision plans with “Basic” $10 copayment plans.
- Bundled Savings Increase: When you sell BSC Vision in combination with BSC Medical, the 2019 bundling discount is increasing from 5% to 10%.
- New Metal Tier Choice: Your groups have a new Triple Tier option from CaliforniaChoice in 2019. This gives your clients’ employees access to Platinum, Gold, and Silver metal tiers without increasing the employer’s cost (thanks to Defined Contribution). Click here for more information.
- CaliforniaChoice Bonus: For all of your 6+ groups effective October 1, 2018 to January 1, 2019, you can earn a $30 to $50 bonus from CaliforniaChoice – it doesn’t matter which health plan employees choose. For more details, visit our Newsroom.
- Six Reasons to Sell CaliforniaChoice: In addition to the broker bonus and new metal tiers, there are many reasons that make it a great time to sell CaliforniaChoice. Find out more here.
- Bonus Opportunity: Delta Dental is offering a tiered bonus on the sale of Dental to groups of 10 or more for coverage effective November 2018 to February 2019. You can earn up to $1,500 depending on the number of enrolling employees. Click here for details.
- Q4 Advantages: Health Net wants to support you in Q4 by offering new, lower-priced PPO plans, mix and match HMOs, simplified underwriting, and outstanding financial rewards. Act now to take advantage of no paperwork and 35% participation. Ask your Word & Brown representative for details.
- 2019 Medical, Dental, and Vision Rates: Q1 2019 rates are out, so don’t wait to start quoting your groups.
- Don’t Forget: Health Net is offering a $100 bonus per member for Small Business Group sales. Click here to download the flyer.
- Large Group Portfolio: Health Net’s 2019 Enhanced Choice and Starting Line-Up (SLU) portfolios for 101+ groups are out. Give your groups more choice, convenience, and value. Talk to your rep to learn more.
- Teledoc Expansion: Health Net is expanding Teledoc telehealth service to more groups (except those with grandfathered plans) in 2019.
- Humana Ancillary products are now available through Word & Brown to groups up to 299 lives, with quoting for larger groups considered on a case-by-case basis. Find out more here.
- Bonus Available Through January 1: For effective dates through January 1, 2019, Kaiser Permanente is paying an added $30 to $50 bonus per member for groups with 6-49 employees (click here for more information) and 50+ groups (click here for details). Your earnings can really add up when combined with Kaiser Permanente’s other production bonuses.
- Lower Participation: For groups enrolled through January 1, 2019, Kaiser Permanente is offering a lower 50% participation requirement, no DE 9C with a minimum of six enrolling in Kaiser Permanente, and just four weeks of required payroll for startup businesses. Because Word & Brown is a Small Group General Agent for Kaiser Permanente, we can help streamline your cases.
- Unbundle Medical and Dental to Save: MetLife is reminding brokers that you can deliver greater satisfaction and savings to your customers if you unbundle Dental and Medical. MetLife has a strong network, terrific plan design options, Dental expertise, and local market knowledge to help you deliver more to your clients.
- “5 Questions” Flyer: MetLife’s new The power behind the plan flyer includes five questions to help you and your clients uncover more information about Dental networks. Click here to read our Newsroom story and download a copy.
Morgan White Group (MWG)
- Q4 Bonus: MWG is offering bonuses on Group Dental and Vision:
-$100 bonus for five new groups through the Group Exchange
-$500 bonus – plus 5 days/4 nights at the MWG condo in Miramar Beach, Florida – when you write 50 Dental and Vision groups
-$100 bonus when you write 10 Individual enrollments in Dental and/or Vision in one month
-Premium Saver bonus: For business with an effective date of July 1, 2018, through January 1, 2019, the following bonuses are available:
~$1,000 bonus for the first 100 lives you enroll
~$5,000 bonus on $300,000-$499,999 in production
~$5,000 bonus on $500,000+ in production
- You can offer your groups employer-paid or voluntary Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability (STD), and Long Term Disability (LTD) from National General.
- The Dental program offers annual benefits as high as $10,000 on 10+ enrolling groups and includes access to the Aetna Dental Administrators network.
- The Vision network includes EyeMed Insight providers.
Nippon Life Benefits
- Win $250: Submit your RFPs for Nippon Life Benefits coverage effective 11/1 or 12/1 and you’ll earn an entry in a drawing for a $250 gift card. RFPs must be for groups of 100 to 200 eligible lives. If your RFP turns into a closed sale, you’ll be entered into a second drawing for an Apple Watch. Read our Newsroom story here.
- Extended Bonus: Oscar has extended its broker bonus through January 15, 2019, effective dates. You can earn up to $75 per enrolled employee. Get the details here.
- Underwriting Promotions: Contact your Word & Brown representative to find out more about Oscar’s relaxed participation rules, no DE 9C requirement, and IFP coverage as a valid waiver.
- Click here to learn more about UHC’s bonus for groups effective October 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019.
- Dental Simplified 2.0: UHC is making it easier to sell Dental with Simplified Dental 2.0. The company has relaxed underwriting guidelines and now offers Orthodontia down to five eligible employees and UCR plans with endo/perio in Basic down to two employees. Click here for more information.
- Free Covered Upgrade: VSP never stops innovating, and the new VSP EasyOptions program offers covered employees and dependents an upgrade after they get a prescription from a VSP network doctor. Contact your Word & Brown representative for more information about VSP.
Contact your Word & Brown representative if you have questions.
Posted: November 16, 2018 | Carrier Updates
Posted: November 15, 2018 | Upcoming Events
Posted: November 15, 2018 | Technology
Posted: November 14, 2018 | Carrier Updates
Posted: November 14, 2018 | Carrier Updates