Enrollment Kit - sutter health plus (medical)
This checklist is provided as a guide. The carrier may require additional items and documentation. Please refer to the carrier's underwriting guidelines for a complete list of requirements. Please use the latest version of forms.
Our goal is to process your new group enrollment easily and efficiently in order to provide you and your client with a quick approval. The following list outlines Sutter Health Plus's case submission requirements.
Small Group (1-100) Submission
- Reconciled DE-9C (required for one to five eligible employees): VW-Valid Waiver, T-Term, PT-Part Time, E-Enrolling
Note: While not required, Sutter Health Plus Underwriting reserves the right to request a DE-9C for employers with more than six FTEs.
- Binder check for first month’s premium including dependent premium.
- Completed and signed Employer Application; section 2 must be completed including employee participation totals.
- Completed and signed Employee Application(s).
- Copy of medical quote submitted to employer.
- Employer business documents or a completed and signed Sutter Health Plus Sole Proprietor, Partner, or Corporate Officer Statement.
If you submit group cases after the 20th of the prior month, this may cause a delay in the delivery of member identification cards and welcome materials by the effective date.
Final deadline for group submissions is the first Friday of the effective month; group submissions must include completed documents and binder check.
|After approval, prior carrier termination letter must be submitted by the employer or broker.|
For other useful or older documents, please refer to the Forms database.
Important Reminder: To help your client comply with ACA requirements, provide a copy of the appropriate Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) to each employee at the Enrollment Meeting, via email or by posting on an internal company website. For the most recent information regarding Aetna’s SBCs, please go to the SBC Page or contact your Word & Brown Representative.