Tech Team Updates in Ease for April 2021
In our ongoing series of technology-related “news you can use,” here’s the latest information from Account Management.
Tech Team Updates for Ease:
- Company To-Dos Overview: This screen gives a comprehensive, centralized location for a broker to collect and analyze important information for all of the groups supported in Ease. Log in and get instructions here.
- Unum Integrations: There are two different Unum integrations: one for worksite plans (i.e., STD and LTD) and a separate one for employer-sponsored plans (i.e., Dental, Vision).
- Dependent Enrollment: Ease now requires birth date and gender when adding dependents.
- ACA Forms: Businesses can measure and track variable hour employees year round, ensure coverage offered meets the minimum guidelines for affordability, send required notifications, and generate signature-ready IRS forms 1094 B/C and 1095 B/C.
Ease Quick Tip
When approving Guaranteed Issue (GI) amounts, following these steps:
- Log in and click on the group
- Click on “Employee > Benefits > Settings”
- Click “Add Amount” next to “Guaranteed Issue – Total Approved Benefit Amount”
- Select Covered Person name from the drop-down
- Select correct Plan Type (must match Plan Type in Benefits)
- Enter Total approved by the carrier
- Enter Effective Date amount was approved
Live and recorded Ease trainings are available monthly – for you and your clients. An HR Admin Training is offered weekly on Tuesday. Encourage your client’s staff to sign up here.
For more information about putting Ease to work for you and your clients, call or email your Word & Brown representative or the Account Management team.
Most Recent Articles