Posted: November 6, 2018 by Staff Writer
Word & Brown has scheduled a series of webinars to help brokers and their clients with 2018 reporting mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The ACA requires Applicable Large Employers (ALEs) to report on Health Insurance offered – or not offered – to employees and dependents.
It further requires reporting by all employers of any size who sponsor self-insured Health Insurance coverage or a QSEHRA (Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement).
Six webinars are scheduled starting in mid-November 2018 and continuing through mid-January 2019. A recording of the webinar will also be available online. Click here to view the webinar schedule and sign-up for the date that works for you and your clients.
The employer reporting webinar discusses critical information for employers, including:
- Forms used in mandatory reporting and filing: 1094-C and 1095-C
- 2019 filing dates (of 2018 forms)
- Who must file
- What triggers a 226J/ACA violation letter
It also includes information on important dates employers need to know:
- Reporting is required for persons employed full-time for at least one month during 2018.
- Reporting for 2018 is due to employees (using Form 1095-C) on or before January 31, 2019.
- If filing by paper, reporting is due to the IRS, using Form 1094-C and copies of all employees’ Form 1095-C, on or before February 28, 2019.
- If filing electronically, reporting to the IRS is due by April 1, 2019.
If you’d like to know more about Word & Brown’s compliance-related services, contact your Word & Brown representative or the Compliance Support team. Call 866.375.2039 or send an email to ComplianceSupport@wordandbrown.com. If Word & Brown is not your current General Agent, contact your nearest Word & Brown office about becoming a Word & Brown broker.
Posted: April 18, 2019 | Upcoming Events
Posted: April 15, 2019 | Compliance
Posted: April 12, 2019 | Carrier Updates
Posted: April 1, 2019 | Word & Brown News
Posted: March 20, 2019 | Carrier Updates